Note: This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Farmland® and Latina Bloggers Connect.
Deviled eggs are always a hit at parties (I actually have to keep some hidden in the refrigerator so that my hubby and I can actually have a few…but shhh, don’t tell anyone). While at my mom’s house this past Christmas, she served them BUT this time they were different, they had bacon pieces on top of them (instead of the paprika we typically use to make it look colorful) and they tasted so good!
In an effort to shake things up a bit (and because we love bacon), I thought I’d make Deviled Eggs with bacon on top AND with small bacon pieces in the actual egg mix. Yep. That happened and my, oh my…it was delicious!
Bacon Deviled Eggs
- 12 large eggs
- 7 strips of Farmland® bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- Dash of salt
- Place the eggs in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover and bring to a boil. Let them boil for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon
- Crack the eggshells and peel.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and place on serving dish.
- Carefully remove the yolks and transfer them to a small bowl.
- Mash the yolks with a fork.
- Stir in the mayonnaise and mustard into the yolk mixture.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Crumble the bacon
- Stir in 1/3 of bacon (leave the remaining bacon for garnishing)
- Stir well.
- Scoop a teaspoonful of the yolk mixture into each egg white half.
- Sprinkle the tops of your eggs with the reserved bacon.
Farmland® bacon is slow smoked over real hardwoods for maximum flavor. For decades, Farmland® has taken pride in perfecting their curing and smoking technique – a difference you’ll taste in every delicious bite.
Give this Bacon Deviled Eggs Recipe a try…you won’t be disappointed!