My husband and I love watching Marvel’s Agents of Shield every Tuesday night and for the next 8 weeks, we will be tuning into to Agent Carter which will air on that same night and time as Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
See, there is no need to be bummed out. Instead of running reruns, they are giving us Marvel super hero fans look into the life of Agent Carter while she worked as an agent at the SSR. You may remember her as the love interest of Captain America in their first film BUT as you may also recall, she was one tough cookie! Did you know that she would go on to run Agents of Shield? Yep. She is no joke! *Be sure to check back for my exclusive interview with Hayley Atwell (Agent Carter)
After watching some clips premiere episode (which only got me more excited about the show), we were able to chat with Co-President of Marvel Studios and executive producer of Agent Carter Louis D’Esposito AND Marvel’s Head of TV and executive producer of Agent Carter Jeph Loeb.
I was able to get a sneak peak into the Agent Carter show and now you can too:
- It shows Agent Carter back in 1946 working at the SSR.
- The Agent Carter one shot that can be found on the home release of Iron Man 3 was used as the inspiration for this show. It shows her life 6 months after Captain America’s death.
- They didn’t start with her running S.H.I.E.L.D. because they wanted to show how she got to that point. Also, if they would show what S.H.I.E.L.D. were to look like back in 1946, it would look like a show they currently have on already. Plus that would put her in a position where she is already in power, they wanted to take her character on a journey.
- Yes, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter are connected!
- They love planting Easter Eggs, so you may see some connection in the show to upcoming Marvel films.
- We may catch glimpses of some super heroes origins.
When troops return from fighting abroad, Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell reprising her role from the “Captain America” films) finds herself marginalized once again by 1940s U.S. society. In the wake of losing her love, Steve Rogers, she struggles to find balance between navigating life as a single woman and working at the covert Strategic Scientific Reserve, with administrative duties and tackling secret missions for an old acquaintance, Howard Stark. Edwin Jarvis, Stark’s butler, helps Carter as she risks her life and freedom to complete assignments.