About 8 years ago, I took my first entertainment press trip and while I was at the hotel, I was channel surfing and came across Phineas and Ferb. As I sat there watching it, I started to cry because it reminded me of my kiddos. You see, it was the first time I had left them and Phineas and Ferb was a show that we enjoyed watching together everyday, so it made me miss them. After a few laughs and realizing I had the whole bed to myself, I was fine but if you would have told me then that I’d get the chance to interview the creators of the show and one of its cast members, I wouldn’t have believed you. Yet, here we are 8 years later and I got the chance to do just that to discuss their latest film, Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Candace Against The Universe.
It was such a fun interview. You could tell they all felt like family. So here’s what I learned about the show and specifically the film that you’ll be able to watch on Disney+ on August 27th.
Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Candace Against The Universe Fun Facts
- This movie took 2.5 years from start to finish
Bonus Fun Fact: Each 11 minute episode of the series took 10 months to complete
- The message of this film is to appreciate what it is you have and the people around you that love you (even if they get on your nerves)
- Be on the lookout for Easter Eggs throughout the film, even in the first musical number.
- It was hardest casting was the voice for Phineas, they were looking for optimistic but not arrogant or false.
Bonus Fun Fact: They actually cast that role twice, put it together and found out that they didn’t work.
- Dan’s favorite invention in the series was the roller coaster in the backyard.
- They come up with the jokes trying to make each other laugh and don’t remove a joke just because they don’t think a kid will get it.
Bonus Fun Fact: They put in as many jokes as they can just in case one didn’t work, they have another one that will.
Check out this short video of the entire interview with Dan Povenmire, Jeff Marsh & Vincent Martella
Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Candace Against The Universe is available on Disney+ on August 28th!
Stepbrothers Phineas and Ferb, their older sister Candace, Perry the Platypus and the Danville gang are back together again in “Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Candace Against the Universe,” an out-of-this-world animated adventure from Disney Television Animation. Executive-produced by Dan Povenmire and Jeff “Swampy” Marsh (creators and executive producers of the long-running Emmy Award-winning series “Phineas and Ferb”), the movie centers on Phineas and Ferb as they set out across the galaxy to rescue Candace, who after being abducted by aliens, finds utopia in a far-off planet, free of pesky little brothers.