I had the opportunity to attend The New Mutants virtual press conference where we joined by Maisie Williams (“Rahne Sinclair”), Anya Taylor-Joy (“Illyana Rasputin”), Blu Hunt (“Dani Moonstar”), Alice Braga (“Dr. Reyes”), Charlie Heaton (“Sam Guthrie”), Henry Zaga (“Roberto da Costa”) and Writer/Director Josh Boone. Being intrigued by this movie, I loved hearing what they had to say about their characters, the story line and what is was like being on
a haunted set. I went ahead and compiled a list of The New Mutants Fun Facts for you, but you can also watch the full press conference below.
The New Mutants Fun Facts
- Maisie and Blu had to kiss during their screen test.
- All of the character’s back stories came directly from the comics.
- The New Mutants began filming on location at Medfield State Hospital in Boston back in the summer of 2017.
- After some weird encounters, some of the crew members were so scared they had to be escorted to their cars at night.
- Anya Taylor-Joy thought the location really helped with getting into character.
- Blu’s favorite thing about Dani is her relationship with Rahne. Oh, and she would would love to play an adult version of Dani
- No reshoots were done for this film.
Bonus Fun Fact: Charlie had just learned to drive and took everyone to see Baby Driver but he couldn’t figure out how to to the headlights on and it was at night.
You can check out my full The New Mutants Cast Interview by watching the video below
The New Mutants is now officially in theaters (well, you know…where they are open)
20th Century Fox in association with Marvel Entertainment presents “The New Mutants,” an original horror thriller set in an isolated hospital where a group of young mutants is being held for psychiatric monitoring. When strange occurrences begin to take place, both their new mutant abilities and their friendships will be tested as they battle to try and make it out alive.