Disclosure: The information and prize pack have been provided by General Mills through Platefull Co-Op.
During the holidays, I often entertain or attend parties. This means that I am usually trying to prepare a holiday dish to serve or take with me. While I usually stick to what I know, it’s nice to spice things up and try something new every once and a while.
When finding a new recipe, I need to factor in that I don’t have the time to spend all day cooking something up or preparing it, so I need an easy recipe. That’s why I was looking forward to trying the Mexican Hot Chocolate Chex Party Mix Recipe because it only takes 15 minutes to prepare!
Mexican Hot Chocolate Chex Party Mix Recipe
- (1) 12-Ounce Package of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- (1) 14-Ounce Package Condensed Milk
- (1) .8-Ounce Package of Cinnamon
- (1) 14-Ounce Package of Flaked Coconut
- (1) 16-Ounce Package of Marshmallows
- (1) Box Vanilla Chex Cereal
- (1) Box Chocolate Chex Cereal
- (1) Box Cinnamon Chex Cereal
- In a large microwaveable bowl, measure cereal. Set aside.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, heat butter and chocolate chips on High 1 minute or until almost melted; stir in condensed milk, heat 30 seconds or until boiling; stir in cinnamon. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave on High about 3 minutes, stirring every minute, until mixture is glazed. Stir in coconut and marshmallows. Pour onto waxed-paper lined pan to cool.
Chex makes it easy to prepare yummy treats with over 100 Chex Party Mix recipes (including 50 gluten free recipes) with ingredients available at Publix. You can visit http://chexpartymix.com/recipes to see all the recipes.
Want to print some coupons? Visit www.ReadyPlanSave.com to clip and print your coupons. Available while supplies last.