Earth day is quickly approaching (April 22nd) and I thought it would be fun to share some fun and easy way you can instill a love of nature with your kiddos. After all, we all need to do our part to help and the earlier the kiddos learn about its importance, the better off the planet will be. That being said, check out these ideas.
7 fun and easy ways to instill a love of nature & taking care of our planet with your children
As you are doing these fun activities, chat about why what you are doing is important and have them come up with other ways we can care for our planet. Maybe even jot them down so that you can do them together in the future as a family.
- Go for nature walks
- Visit your local library and check out books and videos about Earth Day
- Garden and plant trees together as a family (***Check out the giveaway below)
- Volunteer with organizations that focus on nature and helping the planet
- Recycle in your home and maybe even visit a recycling plant
- Use recyclable items you have in your home to make fun projects with the kiddos
- Watch Sesame street together as a family (***Check out the funny video below)
How would you like to win a Sesame Street Spring Prize Pack: Planter Set and Herb kit?
Well here’s your chance! Enter for your chance to win below…
I encourage you to share your favorite spring activities (I’d love some ideas), and be sure to tune in to watch your favorite Sesame Street characters on Saturday mornings at 9:00 am ET/8:00 am CT on HBO and HBO Latino. The new season will also include Sesame Street’s usual line-up of celeb guest stars including: Gwen Stefani, Ne-Yo, Pharrell Williams, Gina Rodriguez, and Lupita Nyong’o.
*Current and past Sesame Street seasons will also air daily on HBO Family at 8 a.m., while the last five seasons will be available to stream on HBO Now, HBO Go and HBO On Demand.