I mentioned it before and I’ll say it again. Drinking more water is an important part of being healthy and obtaining your health goals.
I make it a habit to drink water every day. However, I struggle with the amount of water I drink and that’s where having a water intake log comes in handy (link to one below) so that I can keep track of it.
While it’s easy for me to make it a point to drink more water throughout the day, I understand that it will be harder for others. That’s why I thought it would be beneficial to you if I shared some Tips For Drinking More Water.
I hope that these will motivate you to drink more water. After all, I want you to achieve your health goals (more content about helping you to do that in the near future).
Let’s get on with it then. Here are 13 Tips For Drinking More Water:
- Start your day by drinking a glass of water. It should be the first thing you consume. Yes, even before you drink coffee.
- Keep your water bottle/glass filled up (Don’t put an empty glass down).
- Keep your water close to you so that’s easily accessible. That way it’s always on your mind.
- Try to drink a cup of water within the hour and refill it every hour (might be best during the 8 hour work day, so that you know you are getting the 8 glasses you need).
- Add a squeeze of lemon or lime to your water.
- Slice and freeze citrus fruits and use them instead of ice cubes to chill your water.
- When you drink juice, substitute half of it with water.
- Put your water into a cute glass or cup. It won’t make it taste any better but it will look prettier and maybe even more enticing.
- Drink half a cup of water before and after each of your meals. This will also help fill your belly so that you eat less.
- Use a straw so that you take bigger sips and consume more water.
- Think of the money and the calories that you’ll save at a restaurant by drinking water instead of another drink.
- If you do want to drink a soda or coffee, don’t allow yourself to do so until you’ve had X number of glasses of water before doing so.
- Track your water intake with this FREE Printable Water Intake Log . Not only will it keep you on track but it will create a good habit.
Have any other Tips For Drinking More Water that you’d like to share? We’d love to hear them so please comment.