The last few weeks at home have been filled with playing outside, reading, watching movies and my son playing on his Nintendo Switch. So when they offered to send me a new game for him to try out, Animal Crossing, I was all for it…my son was too! He was ready for a new experience, especially one that allows its players to escape to their very own personal island.
As a parent, I like that my kiddo can play a game that allows him to be creative. The players can build their community from scratch and customize their characters, home, decorations, and even the landscape. They get to make it their own!
Some of the other Animal Crossing Features are:
- Create your personal getaway and customize your itself
- Collect materials to construct everything from furniture to tools! Then, use what you create to give your island a personal touch
- Watch as the time of day and seasons match real life—even your hemisphere! Each day holds potential for surprises and discoveries
- Get to know the island residents, garden, fish, decorate, hunt for fossils, and more!
- Show off your paradise – play on the same system with a total of 4 people**, or play together online* or over local wireless** for fun with up to 8 players
- Take advantage of the Nook Mileage program to find new things to do each day, fulfill certain challenges and earn rewards.
- Use compatible amiibo figures and amiibo cards from the Animal Crossing series to invite familiar faces to Photopia, an island where you can place models in creative photo shoots.
Show off your island utopia to family and friends—or pack your bags and visit theirs. Even without hopping on a flight, you’ll meet a cast of charming animal residents bursting with personality. Friendly faces like Tom Nook and Isabelle will lend their services and happily help you grow your budding community. Escape to your island getaway—however, whenever, and wherever you want.