This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Weave Made Media® and Barilla®, but all my opinions are my own. #weavemade #BarillaFiesta http://my-disclosur.es/RgFrEH
I love Chicken Soup! The more ingredients, the better when it comes to the chicken soup I enjoy making and then devouring.
- 2-3 pounds of uncooked chicken
- 1/3 box of Barilla Angel Hair Pasta
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 6 cups of water
- 32 oz. Chicken Broth
- 4 oz. of cooking wine
- 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 4 potatoes
- 1 can of sliced carrots
- 1 Malanga (any size you’d like)
- Frozen Corn Ears (I usually do enough that each person gets one, more if I want to have extra)
- 2 chicken flavored bouillon cubes
- 1/4 tsp. comino
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Salt
- ½ tsp. of Complete Seasoning
- 1 packet of Sazon
- Pinch of Lawry’s
- In a pressure cooker or pot, heat olive oil over low heat until hot. Add garlic.
- Cut up uncooked chicken into chunks and add it to the olive oil and garlic and allow it to cook until it is golden brown.
- Add tomato sauce and cooking wine and stir.
- Add peeled and cut potatoes, carrots and peeled Malanga into the pot and stir.
- Add water and chicken broth along with all of the seasonings (bouillon cubes, comino, oregano, sazon, Garlic Salt and Complete Seasoning) and heat to boiling over high heat.
- Securely close Pressure Cooker or cover the pot and allow it to cook for 35 minutes.
- Remove the pot or pressure cooker from the heat and carefully release the air out of the pressure cooker.
- Add in Corn and the pasta and allow it to cook for about 15 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Feel free to add in more water at this point, if you’d like.
- Serve and let it cool down some before you eat (or you can always put an ice cube in the bowl for it to cool down).
* Can be served with Cuban bread, biscuits, rice, avocado or tortilla chips. I love squeezing Lime in my soup.
This Sopa de Pollo Recipe is truly easy to make and it is very filling, especially when I use lots of Barilla Pasta.
Barilla will be having in-store product demos taking place from 11/06 – 11/09/14 in select Walmart stores (which is where I did my recipe shopping) featuring the recipes for Barilla elbows and wavy lasagna. You should visit the demos to receive an additional recipe ideas.
It doesn’t get cold much in South Florida, so I am not waiting for cold weather to make this delicious recipe. Let me know if you make this Sopa de Pollo Recipe and how it turns out for you.