Getting to chat with Kristen Bell and Kirby Howell-Baptiste about their friendship and their roles in Queenpins was so fun! I love their chemistry both on and off the screen.
Queenpins Fun Facts
- Kristen and Kirby are friends in real life.
- Kirby found out about the role when Kristen sent her a text message at night asking if she wanted to work with her. and if she could do a role without an English accent.
- Kristen actually learned how to race walk in real life for this role. After all, her characyter is a former Olympic gold medalist racewalker, and had to demonstrate the sport several times in the film.
- Kirby has some pretty cool dance moves in one of the scenes, she learned them all from a choreographer.
- Apparently, there was a lot cut out of Sushi restaurant scene. (man, I wish I would have seen that!)
- While it has nothing to do with the film, we did find out that Kristen Bell is a great gift giver. She has even bought loved ones’ homes!
- Since this movie has to do with money, Kristen added that she feels that money is best spent on experiences and not things.
Queenpins is in select Cinemark Theaters today, followed by a premiere this fall on Paramount+.
More about Queenpins
Inspired by a true story, Queenpins is an outrageous comedy about a bored and frustrated suburban homemaker, Connie (Kristen Bell) and her best pal JoJo (Kirby Howell-Baptiste), a vlogger with dreams, who turn a hobby into a multi-million dollar counterfeit coupon caper. After firing off a letter to the conglomerate behind a box of cereal gone stale, and receiving an apology along with dozens of freebies, the duo hatch an illegal coupon club scheme that scams millions from mega-corporations and delivers deals to legions of fellow coupon clippers. On the trail to total coupon dominance, a hapless Loss Prevention Officer (Paul Walter Hauser) from the local supermarket chain joins forces with a determined U.S. Postal Inspector (Vince Vaughn) in hot pursuit of these newly-minted “Queenpins” of pink collar crime.