The last time we went on a cruise (which feels like a lifetime ago but was back in Feb of 2020), it was aboard a Disney ship and you know we had the most magical time. We always have a good time and while I missed being on a Disney cruise, it wasn’t until yesterday, when I learned about the Disney Wish, that it really made me miss all the fun we used to have. I was ready to pack my bags but alas, we need to wait until May 2022 before the Disney Wish sets sail.
The Disney Wish offers new ways to enjoy the magic of Disney at sea. So, what makes this ship so amazing (besides being a Disney ship)? Here are some highlights that have been broken down into categories for you.
An Attraction At Sea
It is the first Disney Ship to offer an attraction as Sea. Yes, there is an actual water attraction that you and the family can enjoy, the AquaMouse. Complete with show scenes, lighting and special effects, and splashtacular surprises, this wild water ride zigs, zags and zooms through 760 feet of winding tubes suspended high above the upper decks.
The Kids Clubs have been reimagined.
- There is a secret entrance into the club that allows your kiddos to slide into the room.
- They’ll be able to train with Super Heroes at the Marvel Super Hero Academy. Spiderman, The Wasp, Ant-Man and Black Panther are some of the few characters that will be making a special appearance while they train.
- Fairytale Hall offers a royal trio of activity rooms where princesses and princes will let their creativity shine at Rapunzel’s Art Studio, read and act out stories at Belle’s Library, and test newfound powers at Anna and Elsa’s Sommerhus.
- Walt Disney Imagineering Lab allows the kiddos the unique opportunity for kids to discover the secrets of world-renowned Disney Imagineers with hands-on activities and inventive experiments.
A Whole New World of Family Entertainment
They have created immersive entertainment environments that will surround guests in story telling in new and unexpected ways.
- The Grand Hall will evolve from a fairytale gathering space into an environmental theater through the magic of built-in special effects and the first-ever atrium stage on a Disney ship.
- Luna is a brand-new entertainment hub that will transition from a daytime setting for family fun into an elegant evening venue for adult-exclusive entertainment, offering a variety of live shows and interactive programming throughout the day.
- Hero Zone is a futuristic sports arena where physical activity will blend with imagination during action-packed challenges and game show-style competitions for families to take on together.
- The Walt Disney Theatre is an opulent show palace that will come alive with original Broadway-style stage productions developed exclusively for Disney Cruise Line.
- The Wonderland and NeverLand Cinemas are intimate screening rooms that will provide guests more options than ever to watch classic and first-run films from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and more.
A Culinary Cabaret
They are debuting 3 brand-new family dining concepts that range from theatrical entertainment to cinematic adventure to sophisticated elegance. It will be so much more than a meal, it will be a chance to interact with favorite Disney stories in exciting new ways .
- Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure is Disney’sfirst “Frozen”-themed theatrical dining experience that will bring the world of Arendelle to life through immersive live entertainment and world-class cuisine infused with Nordic influences.
- Worlds of Marvel is the first-ever Marvel cinematic dining adventure, where guests will play an interactive role in an action-packed Avengers mission that unfolds around them, complete with a worldly menu inspired by the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- 1923, named for the year The Walt Disney Company was founded, is an elegant celebration of the company’s legacy, paying homage to the golden age of animation and offering a tasteful tribute to its Californian heritage with dishes inspired by the state’s unique fusion of cultural flavors.
Fun for the Adults
Star Wars: Hyperspace Lounge, a high-end bar styled as a luxurious yacht-class spaceship. This richly themed, immersive experience will be reserved for adults every evening, offering interactive tasting experiences and signature beverages inspired by destinations such as Batuu, Tatooine, and Mustafar.
Senses Spa is a tranquil oasis offering indulgent spa and beauty treatments, drawing on the serenity of natural elements to promote pampering and relaxation.
Gourmet meals and exceptional beverages at Palo Steakhouse, Enchanté by Chef Arnaud Lallement and The Rose, an upscale suite of epicurean excellence exclusively for adults.
With an all-new look and feel steeped in enchantment and inspired by dreamy Disney stories, every stateroom onboard the Disney Wish will be a luxurious, peaceful retreat designed with ample room for families, plenty of storage, and upscale amenities.
The Disney Wish will elevate the concierge experience with more than double the number of premium concierge staterooms and suites, including Disney’s first-ever staterooms located above the bridge, boasting floor-to-ceiling windows that reveal breathtaking ocean views overlooking the bow of the ship. An exclusive lounge with a private sun deck will be the perfect place for concierge guests to relax, sip a cocktail and enjoy a premium level of dedicated service throughout the voyage.
The Disney Wish will also debut four royal suites–richly adorned, lavishly appointed suites that accommodate up to six guests and feature extravagant details and first-class amenities. These include a pair of two-story suites, the first of their kind within the Disney fleet, which will feature stunning statement pieces like an elegant spiral staircase and a spectacular two-deck-high stained-glass frieze
More details about the Disney Wish are on the horizon but you can start booking for this amazing ship on My 27th!
This ship sounds absolutely amazing! I would love to go on a cruise with my family.