Ten years in the making, Avengers: Infinity War is the movie we have all been waiting for. With just a few more days until its release, I now get to share my official Avengers: Infinity War Movie Review with you all. Don’t worry though, it’s spoiler free!
Last night I attended the Avengers: Infinity War World Premiere and had the opportunity to watch the movie (more on that experience in a separate post). As I watched, I felt so many things. Even as I write this, I still don’t have the words to describe it. Honestly, I am still trying to process it all.
While I may not have the right words just yet, here’s what I do know…
- It is a must see. Actually, I need to see it a few more times to fully take it all in and it wouldn’t surprise me if you end up feeling the same way.
Tip: It was created with IMAX technology, so you should watch it in an IMAX theater for the full experience. Apparently when it is viewed on a regular screen, it is stretched and you may miss things along the bottom of the screen.
- Getting to see the characters we have come to love in one film was incredible and each and every one of them delivers an amazing performance.
- You will experience an array of emotions throughout the film. Laughter, Happiness, Anger, Sadness, Shock…I can go on and on.
- This movie is darker than the other Marvel films and since Marvel has made no secret of it, the film also tackles the issue of death. *Something else to keep in mind for the kiddos
Tip: If you are emotionally invested in these films and in the characters, you may just cry, more than once…so bring some tissue.
- There are some epic fight scenes, a lot of them which also means that depending on your kiddos tolerance of it, you may want to watch it without the kiddos and then decide if they will be OK with it.
- Just like in previous Marvel films, there is the occasional bad word, something to keep in mind if you are thinking of taking the kiddos to see Avenger: Infinity War.
- You MUST stay after all the credits to watch the clip. This time there was only one but it is an important one to see.
Tip: You should watch the previous Marvel films so that you can fully understand the backstory of the film. Even if you have watched them all, a refresher might be helpful considering this all started with Iron Man ten years ago.
If you aren’t familiar with the premise for Avengers: Infinity War, here’s what you should know…
Iron Man, Thor, the Hulk and the rest of the Avengers unite to battle their most powerful enemy yet — the evil Thanos. On a mission to collect all six Infinity Stones, Thanos plans to use the artifacts to inflict his twisted will on reality. The fate of the planet and existence itself has never been more uncertain as everything the Avengers have fought for has led up to this moment.
Avengers: Infinity War is in theaters 4/27!