Yesterday I got the chance to chat with the Babysitter Crew from A Babysitter’s Guide to Monster Hunting. The crew included Tamara Smart (‘Kelly Ferguson’), Oona Laurence (‘Liz Lerue’), Troy Leigh-Anne Johnson (‘Berna Vincent’), Lynn Masako Cheng (‘Cassie Zhen’) and Ty Consiglio (‘Curtis Critter’). After spending some time with them, I can tell why they had such good chemistry on screen and that is because they have truly become friends off screen. So much so that they even have a Monsters Hunting Chat they keep in touch on. So what did they share during our time together?
Here are 5 A Babysitter’s Guide to Monster Hunting Fun Facts
- The toadies in the film were CGI, so they used silicone props that were about three feet tall while filming.
- The Monster Punch was the most challenging scene for Tamara to film but it was also her favorite scene. It took her 5 hours to film it and she was in a bungee holster that left her legs a bit numb after a while.
- Oona Laurence and Tom Felton had a hand game they would play together before the hypnotizing scene that would get them both pumped up before filming.
- Ty Consiglio would hide behind trailers and jump out at them to scare them while they were walking to set.
- Ty couldn’t say “Chupacabra Venom” while filming in the HQ.
A Babysitter’s Guide to Monster Hunting is now streaming on Netflix.
About A Babysitter’s Guide To Monster Hunting
When high school freshman Kelly Ferguson (Tamara Smart) reluctantly agrees to babysit Jacob Zellman (Ian Ho) on Halloween, the last thing she expects is to be recruited into an international secret society of babysitters who protect kids with special powers from monsters.
In order to keep Jacob safe from harm, Kelly teams with no-nonsense chapter Vice President Liz Lerue (Oona Laurence), tech genius Berna Vincent (Troy Leigh-Anne Johnson), creature expert Cassie Zhen (Lynn Masako Cheng) and potions master Curtis Critter (Ty Consiglio) to defeat a Boogeyman known as “The Grand Guignol” (Tom Felton), a glamorous witch named “Peggy Drood” (Indya Moore) and their legion of mysterious monsters.
Based on the first installment of Joe Ballarini’s popular scary book series of the same name, A Babysitter’s Guide to Monster Hunting is directed by Rachel Talalay, produced by Ivan Reitman and Amie Karp, with Naia Cucukov, Tom Pollock, and Ilona Herzberg executive producing. Alessio Scalzotto, Tamsen McDonough, Ashton Arbab, Crystal Balint, and Ricky He also co-star in this action-packed adventure about working together to overcome your fears.