As I sat in the Disney Parks and Resorts D23 Expo Panel, I had no idea that they had so much in store for us over the next few years. It is exciting!!! Check out these Disney Parks and Resorts D23 Expo Panel Highlights.
Star Wars Land
- Will be called “Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge”
- Will have 2 anchor attractions. One that “puts guests right in the middle of a battle between the First Order and the Resistance where guests will feel like they are inside a hangar bay on a Star Destroyer.”
- Guests will be able to meet BB-8, Chewbacca, Rex and Kylo Ren.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will open in 2019, first debuting at Disneyland Park in Anaheim followed by one at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Orlando.
- The Cantina at Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge will have Rex as the DJ
- It will celebrate its 50th Anniversary in 2021
- Ratatouille will be added in an all-new space in the France pavilion at World Showcase
- There will be a brand new E-ticket attraction based on the rockin’ and action-packed world of Guardians of the Galaxy…Peter Quill will have visited it as a child.
- A new Green Mission at Mission: SPACE that will take guests on a tour around the Earth
- They are also updating Orange Mission
- A new restaurant will be added Adjacent to Mission: Space
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The first-ever Mickey-themed ride-through attraction, Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- New Mickey Ride will allow us to step into the movie screen & into a train engineered by Goofy
- A Tron-themed attraction will be added near Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom.
- A new live entertainment theater, based on the iconic Willis Theater in 1920s Kansas City, is coming to Main Street, U.S.A.
- New Star Wars Immersive Resort coming to Disney World
- They are building Disney Skyliners for transportation between Walt Disney World Parks
Disney California Adventure
- Next summer Paradise Pier becomes “Pixar Pier”
- Carsland will now have a Halloween experience this Fall!
- Pixar Fest will start in 2018 featuring new fireworks spectacular as well as special characters.
Disney Cruise Line
- 3 new ships will be added to the Disney Cruise Line fleet by 2023
- Beauty and the Beast production coming to Disney Cruises in November