When I think of Christmas, I think of red, green and white as well as candy canes and Christmas trees. This Candy Cane Fudge Recipe will make for a perfect holiday dessert to server for those big family and friends Christmas parties!
Candy Cane Fudge Recipe
- 4 teaspoons butter (you will need to divide this)
- about 1 cup of crushed up candy canes
- (1) 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- (1) 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk (you will need to divide this)
- 4 ounces white candy melts or chopped white baking chocolate
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil
- 8 inch square pan
- Double boiler
- Line an 8 inch square pan with Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil and grease the foil.
- Sprinkle with half the crushed candy canes .
- In a double boiler, combine chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons of butter, heat until smooth stirring constantly. Or you can put them in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute, stir (Microwave at additional 15 second intervals, stirring until smooth).
- Stir in 2/3 sweetened condensed milk.
- Carefully pour chocolate mixture over candy layer in pan.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- While the chocolate layer is in the refrigerator, combine white candy melts (or baking chocolate) and remaining butter in a double boiler. Heat and stir until smooth. Or you can again use a microwave safe bowl and heat on high fro 40 to 50 seconds, stir until smooth.
- Stir in the cream of tartar, remaining milk and remaining crushed candy canes.
- Spread over chocolate layer
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours
- Using Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil, remove them from the pan.
- Invert onto a cutting board and slowly remove foil.
- Cut into 1 inch squares or whatever size you desire.