After being in Nepal for a week I came back tired with a long list of things to do. One of the things not on my list was taking care of a sick child. My poor son caught a virus that led to a lymph node infection so he stayed home with me for most of the week. *The life of a mom is always adventure and can in no way be planned…
While I was able to put off some things for this week (making my list even longer), I wasn’t able to put off getting some grocery shopping done. The kiddos are back in school and that means I need food for lunches and snacks for school and after school. Thankfully, I was able to do it from the comfort of my home while the kiddos slept and I watched some TV.
Ordering was easy. I went to http://grocery.walmart.com/, logged in to my Walmart account (which you can create if you don’t already have one), added the items I needed to my shopping cart ($30 minimum), selected the nearest store based on my zip code, selected the time slot I wanted to pick up my groceries in (hour intervals) and then checked out using my credit card.
The next day, I headed over to the store I chose after dropping off my daughter at school. I parked in the designated pickup area, called the store to let them know which parking spot I was in and they brought everything out to me. *That morning they called me to confirm my pickup time about 15 minutes before my hour time slot
We didn’t even have to get out of the car (although I did for picture taking purposes). Not feeling too well, my son was happy he didn’t have to get out and walk around the store. That in itself saved me a lot of time.
Here are 7 Reasons to use Walmart’s online grocery pickup service:
- It’s Free!!! There are no service fees.
- You get the Same Every Day Low Prices found in stores.
- It saves you time & effort because they are essentially doing the shopping for you.
- It’s easy. Simply place your order online. Select your pickup time & location. Drive to the store and they load the car for you.
- Their team picks the freshest items – guaranteed, or your money back.
- Add things to your shopping cart when you notice you need an item and then you don’t have to worry about forgetting it the next time you shop.
- Get $10 off your first online order of $50 or more with the code REALEASY through 11/1/16
Give it a shot and let me know what you think. After the week I had, getting my grocery shopping done was one of the easiest tasks I was able to get done thanks to Walmart’s Online Grocery Pickup Service.
*This post is in collaboration with Walmart’s Online Grocery Pickup Service. However, ALL opinions are my own.