Although I had heard about the Contemporary Resort in Orlando, Florida (even driven past it) I honestly never thought I would be staying there. After all, when we do take a vacation we try to spend as little money as possible. Thankfully my family and I had the chance to stay at the Contemporary Resort while I was attending the Disney Social Media Moms Conference over Mother’s Day weekend. After having stayed there, I now understand why people love it there and why they opt to spend a bit more to do so.
The Contemporary Resort is sophisticated and offers a variety of amenities for its guests to enjoy:
- The rooms are spacious and nice. We spent a lot more time in the room than we originally planned because all of us were sick at one point during our stay there.
- If you’re headed to the Magic Kingdom you can take a tram from the Contemporary Resort directly to the Magic Kingdom. It’s pretty convenient not having to worry about parking. It also comes in handy if you want to take a break during the day and head back over to the Magic Kingdom at night. There are also buses from the resort to the other parks/attractions.
- It has a nice pool with a cool water slide! There’s even a splash area. My kids went on the water slide over and over and over and over
- There’s a beach that you can enjoy with tree hammocks along the side that you can rest on while overlooking the water.
- It is home to Chef Mickey, a really nice restaurant that offers yummy food (even Krispy Kreme donuts). Plus, you get to meet Mickey and his friends. Even if you don’t want to visit Chef Mickey, there are other restaurants right in the hotel you can get food from. That’s what we did.
- There is an arcade and souvenir shop.
- If you forget something like I did (my contact solution) there is a store that you can buy personal and grocery items from. While I was buying my contact solution I couldn’t resist buying a box of donuts, this is why I shouldn’t shop hungry.
There’s more that I may have missed because it offers so much. I am so happy that my family and I stayed at the Contemporary Resort!!!!