Despite Startling Paul Rudd with our applause as he walked into the room, our interview went really well. The only thing he can’t seem to answer (besides anything involving future Marvel films) is how he never ages. Thankfully he did share a lot of other stuff with us that you can check out below.
Here’s what Paul Rudd had to say…
- “…we feel that we have our own kind of space within this Marvel cinematic universe and our own tone with the films. And while we want it to work within the universe and want it to be enjoyable for all ages, we’re dealing with parents and children. This is a theme that runs throughout this story…”
- Michelle Pfeiffer is “Very funny in ways I think people might not know…she’s very wry and she’s got a real stealthy cool sense of humor, I find.”
- “It’s such a thrill when you get to work with legends and certainly Michael, Michelle and Laurence Fishburne. I feel like they’re making this legitimate. I mean they’re icons.”
- “…I like working with kids because you don’t really know what they’re going to do and you just kind of go off of what they’re doing and if you can establish a relationship outside of the film making, just hanging around set, it’s- it can be really fun to film scenes with kids.”
Fun fact: He does little things in the movie that are little things for his daughter (who is about Cassie’s age).
While in LA, we were also able to interview Michael Douglas (“Dr. Hank Pym”), Hannah John-Kamen (“Ghost”), Evangeline Lilly (“Hope van Dyne / The Wasp”), Laurence Fishburne (“Dr. Bill Foster”) and Director Peyton Reed.
Be sure to check out these 5 Reasons You Should Watch Ant-Man and the Wasp
Want to get the inside scoop about Ant-Man And The Wasp? Check out the following interviews…
- Paul Rudd (“Scott Lang / Ant-Man”)
- Evangeline Lilly (“Hope van Dyne / The Wasp”)
- Abby Ryder Fortson (“Cassie Lang”
- Exclusive Ant-Man And The Wasp Set Visit Recap
Join the conversation…
- Like Ant-Man And The Wasp on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/marvelstudios
- Follow Ant-Man And The Wasp on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AntMan
- Follow Marvel Studios on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/marvelstudios/
Ant-Man And The Wasp flies into theaters everywhere on July 6th!
There are 2 post credit film scenes. If you can’t stay for both (which I suggest you do), you need to stay for the 1st one.