After what happened to Loki in Avengers: Infinity War, I thought that would be the last we saw of Loki but leave to Marvel and their genius ways to find a way to bring one of our favorite characters back! I have been so excited to watch Loki on Disney+ but was even more excited to get the chance to chat with its creators and cast. Well, not even more excited…probably about the same level of excitement but I digress. Moving on, I got to listen in as Tom Hiddleston (“Loki”), Owen Wilson (“Mobius”), Gugu Mbatha-Raw (“Ravonna Renslayer”), Wunmi Mosaku (“Hunter B-15”), Kate Herron (Director), Michael Waldron (Head Writer), and Kevin Feige (Producer) shared some Loki Fun Facts, so here they are!
Loki Fun Facts
- Owen Wilson is excited to be a part of the Marvel universe but has had to walk on eggshells as to not spill any of the details (which is a first for him)
- Tom Hiddleston was totally surprised when he received the call to return to the MCU in a new Loki series, he thought his character was done after what happened in Avengers: Infinity War,
- Kevin Feige didn’t know there would be a series about Loki when they filmed Infinity War but because of the fans comments about Loki’s loose ends after watching the film, he was excited about the possibilities.
- Herron admits that a lot of her inspiration, stylistically speaking anyways, came from a lot of film noir films, which can be seen in the lighting and how the story was approached. In fact, there’s a little reference to Se7en in episode two of a little needle drop.
- Writers also they took a lot of influence from Fincher as well, specifically Zodiac and Silence of the Lambs.
- Loki creators were fans of the Time Variance Authority organization from the comics and wanted to incorporate it into this series.
- This series is an origin story for Renslayer from the comics.
Marvel Studios’ “Loki” features the God of Mischief as he steps out of his brother’s shadow in a new series that takes place after the events of “Avengers: Endgame.” Tom Hiddleston returns as the title character, joined by Owen Wilson, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Sophia Di Martino, Wunmi Mosaku and Richard E. Grant. Kate Herron directs “Loki,” and Michael Waldron is head writer
Loki is now streaming on Disney+