My kiddos are fans of the Liv and Maddie show, so getting to interview them while in LA definitely added some cool points to the mom bank! They had me cracking up during our interview!
Their chemistry is undeniable and their bond solid. It’s no wonder their family comes off as authentic in each episode.
Here are 7 things I learned about the Liv and Maddie Cast during our interview…
- The Liv and Maddie cast really likes each other and function like a real family.
- The Liv and Maddie cast did a Pilot with different characters and a different story and when they brought them back after 9 months of testing, they were informed it would be a Twin Show…Dove Cameron originally only played one character.
- Dove split her own personality down the middle and turned it up extreme Disney style to create these 2 characters. So, she is essentially both characters
- Surprisingly, Dove has never confused her 2 characters but Benjamin has definitely done scenes with Liv or Maddie and called her the wrong one.
- There are Liv and Maddie doubles that cover for whichever character Dove is not acting as at the moment.
- Dove’s favorite Liv and Maddie moment is when they got picked up to be a full series. She recalls them all gathering in Liv and Maddie’s room, being told and the cast & crew crying from happiness
- When they first started, it took 3 days to shoot an episode and now it’s 2 days per episode.
Dove also mentioned that at the age of 20, she still loves taking pictures with the Characters at Disneyland. She was super sweet!
Be sure to tune in to the Disney Channel on Sunday, August 16 (9:00 PM – 9:30 PM ET/PT) to watch “SPARF-A-Rooney” featuring Andy Grammer – Maddie and Diggie try to “out-fun” each other at a local music festival as Liv tries to help Andie get over her breakup.