The movie, Lady and the Tramp, is a classic! Now that it is a part of our Disney movie collection, we can watch it anytime we would like. Actually, my son actually just watched it for the first time this weekend and really enjoyed it. If you are thinking of adding it to your collection, here is a breakdown of the bonus features, some interesting film clips and some fun Lady and The Tramp activities you can do with the kiddos.
Blu-Ray & Digital
- Original Theatrical Edition – Enjoy this cherished Disney classic that captivates audiences of all ages.
- Sing-Along Mode – Sing along with all your favorite songs as you watch the movie.
- Inside Walt’s Story Meetings – As you view the film, hear reenactments of Walt’s story sessions with animators and see how their ideas were realized on-screen.
New Signature Bonus
- Walt & His Dogs – Through archival recordings and photos, hear the tales of the dogs Walt Disney owned and loved over his lifetime.
- Stories from Walt’s Office – Take a tour of Walt’s office suite on the Studio lot, carefully re-created to look just as it did when he occupied it.
- How to Make a Meatball and Other Fun Facts About “Lady and The Tramp” – Watch a delicious lesson on how to make perfect meatballs with teen chef Amber Kelley and Oh My Disney Show Host Alexys Gabrielle.
- “Peace on Earth”
- “What Is a Baby/La La Lu”
- “The Siamese Cat Song”
- “Bella Notte”
- “He’s a Tramp”
Classic Bonus Features
- Diane Disney Miller: Remembering Dad – Walt’s daughter shares memories of her father and Disneyland’s early days, as well as a look at his apartment above the firehouse.
- Never-Recorded Song – “I’m Free as the Breeze” – Take a listen to a song originally meant to be sung by Tramp.
- Introduction of Boris – Tramp wasn’t always meant to be Lady’s only suitor. Meet Boris the aristocrat and Homer the peasant in this deleted scene.
- Waiting for Baby – Lady watches as Jim Dear plans out his new son’s future in this early storyboard.
- Dog Show – See the storyboards for this deleted scene in which Lady and Tramp unexpectedly find themselves in the middle of a dog show.
Classic Bonus Features on Digital Only*
- Lady’s Pedigree: The Making of “Lady and the Tramp” – A behind-the-scenes look at the making of Walt Disney’s first feature-length animated film based on an original story.
- Finding Lady: The Art of the Storyboard – Explore the origins of the storyboard and how they’re used by filmmakers today.
- Original 1943 Storyboard Version of the Film – View a unique presentation of the original 1943 storyboards for “Lady and the Tramp.”
- PuppyPedia: Going to the Dogs – Wild and wacky comedian Fred Willard takes us on an outing to the dog park to learn all about dogs and their owners.
- Turning the Tables – In this story-reel presentation, Tramp dreams of a world where dogs run the show and humans are on the other end of the leash.
- The Arrival of Baby – In this alternate scene re-created from original storyboards and with original voice talent, Lady makes way for a new arrival.
- Baby Arrives – Lady is baffled by the strange goings-on in the house—the arrival of a squealing bundle only deepens the mystery.
- Lady’s Sweater – Lady gets a new sweater for her birthday and must figure out an ingenious way to lose it for good.
- 1955 Original Theatrical Trailer – More than just a trailer, this preview features several minutes of footage from the film and introduces each major character.
- 1972 Theatrical Re-Issue Trailer – This trailer from the 1972 rerelease heralds Disney’s “happiest motion picture.”
- 1986 Theatrical Re-Issue Trailer – Released theatrically for the 1986 holiday season, this trailer highlights the love story between Lady and the handsome Tramp.
Check out these Lady and the Tramp clips
Picking Out Lady
Walt’s Working Office
Idea For Lady and the Tramp
Lady and the Tramp Activities
The Walt Disney Signature Collection Lady and the Tramp is now available on Blu-ray