Although I have driven by the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex while at the Disney parks with my family, it wasn’t until my most recent visit to Disney that I had the chance to go check it out for myself and learn more about all the cool things they have going on over there. With all that is available at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, whether they are competing against other teams or training with one of their favorite athletes, there is no doubt in my mind that this is where Sports Dreams come true. So, if you have an athlete in your family, you should look into all that they have available to them and check out all they have going on.
So, what makes the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex so awesome?
- Your athletes can take their skills to a new level, connect with fellow athletes or maybe even get discovered by scouts.
- It is a part of the Disney family which means that there is Disney Magic sprinkled throughout their time there. As you can tell from my picture with Daisy Duck on the way to the field.
- They offer some amazing food and beverage options, 3 of which have recently been added.
- Joffrey’s Coffee and Tea – offers artisan roasted coffees, teas, lattes and pastries. I tried the cronut and it was so good!!!
- 4 Rivers Smokehouse – There are actually 2 eateries, a walk-up version of 4 Rivers Smokehouse and a walk-up version of 4 Rivers Cantina Barbacoa which is the menu we ate from for lunch. Normally, I am not a big fan of BBQ but it was so good that I got up for seconds (maybe even thirds).
- Cilantro Urban Food Truck – Located outside the stadium during sporting events, they offer top-end Mexican food including nachos (my favorite), salads and its signature dish, the Burrito Cuban.
- They have 3 sports-themed merchandise locations on site and various customizable vendors at special events.
There are various resources available to your athletes…
- The ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex Production Center helps create unique content for youth sports.
- Hp Field House, a multi-purpose facility that can accommodate virtually any indoor sport (that doesn’t require ice), concerts and conventions. With 50,000 square feet, it is equipped with six full-size collegiate basketball courts.
- The Arena at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, a multi-use sports and entertainment venue that was specifically designed for cheer and dance events. It also has the ability to host six regulation basketball courts and six regulation volleyball courts.
- The Visa Athletic Center, a multi-sports fieldhouse that offers enough space for six basketball courts, twelve regulation -size volleyball courts, two roller hockey rinks and more.
- The Baseball Quadraplex offering four professional baseball fields and a half field.
- The Softball Diamondplex offers six fields that accommodates both fastpitch and slowpitch softball.
- The Track & Field Complex features a world-class 400-meter polyurethane track and an adaptable cross country course.
- The Marathon Sports Fields that accommodates outdoor sports with seven grass playing surfaces and four fields.
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex Fun Facts
- The Stadium at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex hosted spring training for the Atlanta Braves for 22 consecutive seasons.
- The sports complex hosts more than 100 entertainment and sporting events each year.
- The Stadium, a retro-style Major League Baseball ballpark, is the centerpiece of the sports complex and seats 11,500 guests.
A special thank you to Disney and the folks at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex for hosting me!