5 Tips For Being Productive During the Busy Holiday Season is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Florida KidCare. However, the opinions and text are all mine.
It never fails, year after year the Christmas season is a busy one. No matter how much I do, I still feel like I haven’t gotten anything done…the struggle is real! Between the responsibilities at home, responsibilities at work and all the holiday festivities, there is so much to do and so little time.
Here are 5 Tips For Being Productive During the Busy Holiday Season:
- Take advantage of the early hours or late hours in the day. While everyone is sleeping, try to squeeze in some productivity because you can do so without distractions.
- Do your holiday shopping (maybe even your grocery shopping) online. Not only does it save you a trip to the store(s) but you don’t have to worry about the drive time there and the time it takes to find a parking space (which you know can be stressful).
- Cut back the time you spend on social media. I know you don’t like hearing it and I don’t like saying it but social media can be a time waster. If you were to add up the amount of time you spend on social media in any given day, how much would it add up to? Imagine what you could accomplish in that time.
- Take care of yourself. If you are run down, tired or sick you won’t be able to accomplish much.
- Create a to-do list but remember that not everything has to be done in one day. You will drive yourself crazy and if you are feeling anxious or overwhelmed, you won’t be productive.
While some of the things on my list can be left for another day, there are some things (like insurance for the kiddos) that are a priority. Thankfully, it is a task that I can get done online, easily and quickly, simply by filling out one free application. * You can also apply via phone or connect with an in person application specialist. Florida KidCare is the State of Florida’s high-quality, low-cost health insurance for children. You can also check out these 10 Things You Should Know About Florida KidCare.
With 4 different programs available, there is a plan for everyone.
- Medicaid (Birth – 18 years)
- MediKids (Ages 1 – 4)
- Florida Healthy Kids (Ages 5 – 18)
- The Children’s Medical Services Managed Care Plan (Birth through 18 with special healthcare needs)
What’s best is that you don’t even have to be the one to figure out which program is the best fit, they do that automatically based on the age of the child, household size, and family income. Didn’t I tell you it was easy?
There are currently 257,000 children in Florida living without health and dental insurance, BUT 147,000 of them are likely eligible for completely free or low-cost health insurance through Florida KidCare. For more information or to apply for health and dental insurance for your child(ren), simply click here and you’ll be taken directly to the Florida KidCare website. After all, it is better to take preventive measures when it comes to your child’s health and the application is free. With year-round enrollment, the time to apply for Florida KidCare is always now. Plus, you want to check that item off your to-do list right?