After having watched the first episode of The Falcon And The Winter Soldier, I could not wait to hear what they had to say during their press conference. After all, we’d be hearing directly from Anthony Mackie (“Sam Wilson”), Sebastian Stan (“Bucky Barnes”), Kari Skogland (Director), Malcolm Spellman (Head Writer), and Kevin Feige (Producer). In addition to having a good time listening to their banter back and forth, we also learned a few Fun Facts!
The Falcon And The Winter Soldier Fun Facts
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is heavily influenced by buddy cop movies and that genre.
- Marvel has been working on 10+ series for many years now, and the amazing response to WandaVision has given them the boost of confidence to continue down this path.
- Kevin Feige said that the first episode starts off with the biggest stunt ever because they wanted their audience to know that just because it’s on TV doesn’t mean that they can’t do it as big as they do on the big screen.
- This series allows us to learn more of the character’s backstories because there is more time to focus on them.
- Anthony Mackie is excited everyone will see a new and improved Sam Wilson.
- Kevin Feige says that when it comes to story lines, sometimes unexpected things happen. He used the example of the Aerospace Engineer and how that character that was never going to be anything, yet it ended up being a big thing.
- Sam Wilson’s character is from Louisiana and so is Anthony Mackie. He mentioned that he really wanted some crawfish while he was filming but that it didn’t happen.
- When asked if the relationship between the winter soldier and the falcon has changed since Endgame, they both agreed that they have a mutual respect for one another and that both of them being soldiers is something that brings them together. However, now that Steve Rogers is no longer part of the dynamic, they have both been thrown into opposite corners.
- When asked who will end up with the shield and about a certain “US Agent” Kevin Feige says “The clues are everywhere to what has lead to this moment.”
- Covid didn’t change their timeline, even though The Falcon And The Winter Soldier was supposed to be the first series to be streamed on Disney+.
Want more entertainment? You can check out the latest Entertainment fun facts, quotes and reviews here.
About The Falcon and The Winter Soldier
Marvel Studios’ “The Falcon and The Winter Soldier” stars Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson aka The Falcon, and Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes aka The Winter Soldier. The pair, who came together in the final moments of “Avengers: Endgame,” team up on a global adventure that tests their abilities—and their patience. Directed by Kari Skogland with Malcolm Spellman serving as head writer, the series also stars Daniel Brühl as Zemo, Emily VanCamp as Sharon Carter, and Wyatt Russell as John Walker.