ABC has a new game show, The Chase, and after watching it myself, I’ve got tell you it is worth the watch. Not only is the show hosted by the talented Sara Haines but she is joined by three Chasers, James Holzhauer, Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter (all of whom are Jeopardy legends). Last week I got the chance to speak with its host Sara Haines and compiled a list of The Chase fun facts for you!
The Chase Fun Facts
- Each episode of The Chase takes a couple of hours to film.
- Sara was excited to be the host of The Chase because she believes that games bring people together and she has a nostalgic connection between games and her family.
- As to not mess it up for the contestants, Sara reads the questions ahead of time to avoid any mispronunciations
- The Chase is scripted. All of the questions have to be read exactly as is because they have all been legally vetted.
- Sara tends to curse when she messes up, and she actually doubles down with another bad word after the initial on. In fact, it happened during one of the episodes and they had to shut down for about 45 minutes to regroup.
- There is no live audience because of the pandemic.
- All of the staff would wear double masks and speak to each other from a distance.
- Sara has actually learned a lot by being the host. In fact, she contributes winning trivia pursuit for the first time.
- A lot of the contestants knew each other from other game shows
- When I asked if she could describe each chaser with one word, she told me that Brad is chill, Ken is warm and James is Snarky (a sweet brat that is like her sibling). Sara and the chasers had a dinner when they first met and by the end, they were laughing and joking like family.
- She spent her whole life speaking quickly and slowing down for her on air career, so now she can be unfiltered as the host of The Chase because speaking fast is an advantage.
- Sara doesn’t do well in high pressure situations, so if she was playing the game she would go for the high bet.
- There was one contestant that kept using cow puns , so they all end up joining in.
Be sure to tune Into the next episode of The Chase on ABC on Jan. 28th!
More about that episode
“You Should Have Stayed in Vegas” – The race to “The Chase” continues with James Holzhauer stepping into the hot seat as three new contestants compete to beat one of “JEOPARDY!’”s greatest players of all time as they pit their wits against a ruthless quiz genius determined to stop them from winning cash prizes.
More about The Chase
Hosted by “The View”’s Sara Haines and starring “JEOPARDY! The Greatest of All Time”’s James Holzhauer, Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter as the Chasers, “The Chase” airs THURSDAY, JAN. 28 (9:00-10:00 p.m. EST) on ABC. (TV-PG, L) Episodes can also be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu.