When I saw that we would be interviewing Woody Harrelson for his role as Tobias Beckett in Solo: A Star Wars Story, it brought a smile to my face. He has been in the industry for a while and since then he has done some incredible work. Thankfully, that smile you see on screen is exactly what you get in person.
Here is what Woody Harrelson had to say…
- He had actually decided that He would not being doing this role because he had promised his family he would take a break but they wouldn’t take “no” for an answer.
- Woody would describe his character as “complicated in the sense that he’s not always as chummy as he could be but I’d say he’s a survivor who really also does have this image of life, wanting to be done with this life of Criminality and ultimately, just be playing the Valicord, living in a remote Planet somewhere.”
Fun fact: He initially said No to Hunger Games as well
- He hopes that his Legacy will be one that makes people laugh.
- He remembers seeing Star Wars when it first came out in 1977. “…I just remember going to see it and it’s so original, so different from anything else and all of it great…”
- Jack Nicholson is one of his mentors and he happens to live near his LA home.
- He considers himself to be a genuinely happy person and feels that gratitude has a lot to do with it. “I’m very grateful for the life I have. I feel like all of us who do movies and probably all of you write about movie, we’re breathing a bit of a rarified air and I feel really lucky because there was a point in which I kind of gave up and it was early on. I hadn’t even got a job yet and I just was like, I think I can’t do it…”
Fun fact: It was speculated that he would be playing the part of Garetz from the extended Universe of Star Wars but that was a Rumor (one that never made its way to him).
- If he could be any character from the original Star Wars Trilogy, it would be Han Solo.
Want to know more about Solo: A Star Wars Story? Check out my post on the Solo: A Star Wars Story world premiere, my movie review and be sure to check back for my interviews with Alden Ehrenreich (“Han Solo”), Emilia Clarke (“Qi’ra”), Paul Bettany (“Dryden Vos”), Director Ron Howard, Joonas Suotamo (“Chewbacca”) and Phoebe Waller-Bridge (“L3-37”).
Solo: A Star Wars Story is officially in theaters
Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY, an all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy. Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo befriends his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and meets the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes