In a time that there is so much pain in the world, I want to step up and help. But what can one person do to help others during the quarantine? More than you think. Even the smallest gestures can make the world a better place.
A simple message to a friend or family member provides encouragement. The smallest act of kindness shows someone you care. Even if you help just one person, you are making a difference. So, if you are looking for ways to help others during this difficult time, I have created a list of ideas for you to reference.
Simple Ways You Can Help Others During The Quarantine
- Stay home!
- Make masks and donate them to healthcare workers, family and friends.
- Purchase, Donate or Cut the fabric to be used for masks if sewing isn’t your thing.
- Buy groceries for others when you are at the stores.
- Check in on people via text, phone, email. Let them know you are thinking about them.
- Do drive by visits to say Hi (no, don’t leave you car or have them come close to your vehicle).
- Donate to organizations that are helping families in need, whether financially or with products you have purchased.
- Host Zoom gatherings, happy hours or birthday parties.
- Send amazon packages (filled with goodies and maybe even some essentials) to those who may need a pick me up.
- Deliver or have food delivered to health care workers while at work.
- Order food for yourself and/or other families to support local businesses.
- Don’t want to eat out during this time? Purchase gift cards from local businesses to be used at a later date.
- Send cards to family members and friends (maybe even nursing homes) with encouraging messages.
- Create Sidewalk Chalk art with inspiring messages in front of your home.
- Go on prayers walks around your neighborhood.
- Create a neighborhood support group.
What have you been doing to help others during the quarantine? I’d love to hear and maybe add them to this list.