Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/P&G for Breast Cancer Awareness.
One in eight women will get breast cancer in her lifetime. I first became aware of Breast cancer when I was about 13 years old. My aunt was diagnosed with it and it eventually took her life. I was reminded once again of how breast cancer impacts your life when when my mom called me about 7 years ago telling me that her doctors were concerned with a lump they had found and had to do further testing. Thankfully it was benign. Then there is my sweet friend and mentor who was diagnosed with early stages of breast cancer. So early, that after the surgery there was no need for chemo or radiation. The key there was early detection. It is the best defense against breast cancer. The earlier breast cancer is detected, the higher the survival rate.
This year, the P&G Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign has partnered with The National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF) to not only educate women, but also the men in their lives, about the importance of early detection. Here’s what we can do:
- Ladies: Spread the message that early detection is the best defense in the fight against breast cancer. You should also create and follow an early detection plan and encourage others to do the same.
- Men: This October, decide when your “day of action” will be and encourage the women in your life to take action and create an early detection plan.
You can download the NBCF’s Early Detection Plan App (available throughout the month of October) by visiting: http://www.pgeveryday.com/bca. While you are there you can also hear P&G employees’ inspiring stories about moments made possible in their lives due to early detection.
You can also connect with them on Twitter: @PGeveryday & Facebook: www.facebook.com/pgeveryday
How would you like to WIN a P&G Product Gift Basket filled with goodies from brands including Crest, Pantene, Secret, Scope, Swiffer and Venus?
Simply, use the Giveaway Tools Form below to enter for your chance to win! There is only one mandatory entry, all other entries are optional…the more entries you do, the more chances you have of winning. Good Luck!!!!!
- For the entry that involves you commenting, here’s what you need to do: Comment by going back to the post, scroll all the way down and it will say “Speak Your Mind”…fill in the boxes. **If you do NOT leave a comment ALL of your entries will be disqualified.
- If you win, you have 24 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen without notification.
- Please note that all terms and conditions of this giveaway can be found in the Giveaway Tools widget.
* Click here for the official rules.
Check out our other Giveaways & various Sweepstakes you can enter.