Do you kids already have their costumes picked out for Halloween? While I am not sure my kids will be dressing up this year (which means I get to save some money, so I am not complaining), there is no way they will be missing out on trick or treating. Free candy…yes, please!
As we prepare the costumes (well, I would buying them if my kiddos were dressing up) and prepare to venture out for festivities and trick-or-treating, I thought it would be helpful to share these easy Halloween Safety Tips for both Kids and Adults. While they seem obvious, those are the ones we tend to forget when we really need them.
Halloween Safety Tips For Kids and Adults
- Make sure they use masks that they can see well out of, if not consider simply painting their face instead.
- Have them Trick-or-Treat in a group and in well-lit areas.
- Use a flashlight or place reflective tape on the costume so that they can be seen at night. Glow sticks would also work.
- Cross the street at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks. Also, remind the kiddos to look both ways before crossing the street. In all their excitement they tend to forget to do that.
- Be careful with long costumes, make sure they fit right and aren’t dragging on the floor to avoid tripping.
- Only go to homes with a porch light on and remind them to never enter a home or car for a treat.
- Inspect their candy to make sure it is in its original wrapper and hasn’t been opened.
Now some tip for us adults…
- Pay attention to the road. Try to eliminate as many distractions as possible.
- Drive slowly and be alert
- Be careful when backing out of driveways
- Go trick or treating with your kiddos to make sure they are adhering to these tips to keep them safe.
I hope these Halloween Safety Tips help keep our kiddos safe this Halloween! Have fun!