Valentine’s Day is all about love. Whether that love is romantic or platonic, this holiday is a great way to show people that you care. Instead of keeping it in the confines of our circle, what if we spread the love? What if we decided to pay it forward on Valentine’s Day? I think the world would be a much better place, even if for a moment. So, that is my plan this Valentine’s Day…doing various random acts of kindness that will remind others that they are loved.
13 Easy Ideas for Paying it Forward on Valentine’s Day
- Mail out Valentine’s Day card to the special people in your life and tell them why you think they are awesome.
- Instead of going out to a Valentine’s Day dinner, volunteer your time serving food to the homeless or spending time with the elderly at a nursing home.
- If you know of parents who could use a night out, offer to babysit for free.
- Going out to eat? Leave a kind server the biggest tip you can afford.
- Write something that is special about your partner or a friend on paper hearts or on slips of paper and put them in a box.
- Leave a small gift card on the door or windshield of someone you know, or don’t know.
- Take chocolate, baked goods or a meal to your community helpers.
- Write cards and/or send Valentine’s Day care packages (including baked goods, non-perishables, necessities) to those serving in the military.
- Write a note of encouragement to someone you know who needs it (it can be signed or anonymous).
- Find a public wish list on Amazon.com and send a gift to a stranger.
- Make a donation to someone’s GoFund Me Page.
- Compliment the first three people you come in contact with today.
- Smile at a minimum of five strangers.
Do you have any more ideas for paying it forward on Valentine’s Day? If so, I’d love to hear them. You can also check out these 14 Tips For Celebrating Valentine’s Day On A Budget.
Want to save this post for later? Click on the photo below to add it to your Pinterest…