I felt like a kid as I made my way to Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. After all the months of anticipation of our visit, I was finally going to be able to experience it for myself (and with my kids, I guess I can’t forget about them). It is safe to say that my kids were equally excited about being there but who am I kidding? I was there for me.
As you step into Andy’s backyard, you can’t help but feel like a toy when everything around you is larger than you are. That’s one of the great things about Toy Story Land, it offers visitors the chance to immerse themselves in the Toy Story universe by “Shrinking” down to the size of Andy’s toys!
That’s right, you get to see the world through Buzz and Woody’s eyes as you walk by huge board games and blocks, and embark on adventures like:
- Slinky Dog Dash: Join Slinky and Jessie for a twisty roller coaster ride! This ride is so much fun!
- Alien Swirling Saucers: Blast off with the Aliens on a toy rocket in this all-ages ride, and see if you are the lucky one who gets “Chosen” by the claw!
- Toy Story Mania: This attraction is one part ride and one part carnival game! Start your journey in Andy’s bedroom, where you will pass through a treasure chest filled with classic toys. Grab a pair of 3D glasses and hop on the tram, where you will ride through the Toy Story Midway Games Play Set and enjoy interactive carnival games, from shooting suction-cup darts and knocking down targets with eggs to tossing rings and baseballs. Compete against your family and friends by trying to score the most points.
- Green Army Man Drum Corps: Keep an eye peeled for Sarge and the Green Army Man Drum Corps, who march through Toy Story Land several times throughout each day to run visitors through a boot camp and play games like “Sarge Says”!
- Meet Buzz, Woody & Friends: It wouldn’t be a trip to Walt Disney World without a few character greetings! Keep your eyes peeled for Buzz, Woody and Jessie as they greet visitors through the park, and be sure to stop and get a selfie with them!
- Woody’s Lunch Box: When you get a mite peckish, you can embark on a culinary adventure at Woody’s Lunch Box and enjoy delicious dishes inspired by Toy Story!
Toy Story Land Tips:
- Make the most of your visit by taking advantage of Disney Early Morning Magic and get first crack at the park along with a breakfast buffet.
- Don’t forget to download the Play Disney Parks app before you go to make your day more fun!
Toy Story Land Fun Fact: Did you know that this themed land was born in France at Walt Disney Studios Park eight years ago, and has since opened in both Hong Kong and Shanghai. Thankfully we now get to enjoy it stateside.
Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios was so much fun!
Have you paid a visit to Toy Story Land yet? If you haven’t, you really should. We got to go a 2nd time (but this time with my husband) when we were there a couple of weeks ago learning more about the Disney Vacation Club benefits and it was just as fun as the first time!