This is part of a sponsored collaboration with MilkPEP and Latina Mom Bloggers. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
My son is 6 years old and there has hardly been a day since he turned 1 years old that he doesn’t start his morning with a cup of milk. While I have always thought it was important to start the day off strong with a healthy breakfast that includes Milk, now that they are both in school I feel that it is especially important. They need to be focused and energized throughout their day.
Even as an adult, I love drinking milk (especially with chocolate cake…oh, and with spaghetti). With the various nutritious milk choices available, from fat free to low-fat or flavored options there’s one for everyone in the family.
Did you know that…
- All milks have the same 9 essential nutrients, even low fat and fat free?
- For only 80 calories, one 8oz. glass of fat free milk provides the same 8 grams of protein as whole milk or low fat milk?
- Fat free or low-fat milk packs the same nutrient-rich punch for fewer calories or fat.
- The US Dietary Guidelines recommend eating right, staying active and drinking three glasses of lowfat or fat free milk each day to maintain a healthy weight.
Did you know that…
- Milk is one of the most affordable sources of high-quality protein you can find?
- From muscles to hair, bones to teeth, the body needs protein to be strong and healthy?
- Having Protein at breakfast can help you stay fuller longer so you’re more likely to stick to your healthy eating routine?
Here’s what my kiddos had to say about milk
Drink Milk? Want to win prizes?
- Follow me on Instagram (@TeachMe2Save) as I participate in the #FuertesConLeche 14-day Photo Challenge and be sure to participate using the hashtag #FuertesConLeche for a chance to win prizes
- Join us for the #FuertesConLeche Twitter Party on 2/19 at 9pm ET. Click here for the details.
It’s a new year, let’s start this year off “fuertes con leche” (strong with milk)!