Phoebe Waller-Bridge, L3-37, was a scene stealer in in Solo: A Star Wars Story, so I couldn’t wait to interview her. Full of joy, Phoebe is super sweet and I am confident you will love her character as much as I did.
Here is what Phoebe Waller-Bridge had to say…
- Prior to making this film, Phoebe hadn’t seen any of the Star Wars film but she has since.
- In order to make her costume, she was given a scan of her whole body at the very beginning and then they built a complete replica of her body. They then built this suit around it, so it fits perfectly.
- Unlike her character, Phoebe is not sassy in real life.
- Phoebe feels her character has a cause. “…She’s like a social justice warrior, and she’s a droid with an agenda that goes beyond her own existence, and that’s very unique.”
- When it comes to both directing and writing, she likes them both for very different reasons.
While she was ready to do all sorts of preparation for role, they wanted her to be herself. “…because she’s created herself, she’s built herself to be more human, more relaxed, in her voice, and her body, and everything.”
Want to know more about Solo: A Star Wars Story? Check out my post on the Solo: A Star Wars Story world premiere, my movie review and be sure to check back for my interviews with Alden Ehrenreich (“Han Solo”), Emilia Clarke (“Qi’ra”), Paul Bettany (“Dryden Vos”), Director Ron Howard, Joonas Suotamo (“Chewbacca”) and Woody Harrelson (“Tobias Beckett”).
Solo: A Star Wars Story hits theaters tomorrow, May 25th!
Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY, an all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy. Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo befriends his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and meets the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes