Last November my husband, Art, and I flew into Knoxville, Tennessee and decided to do some short road tripping (about an hour and a half) into Gatlinburg, Tennessee so that we could learn more about Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine. By doing so, we saved money on the flights and it also allowed us to enjoy Tennessee’s breathtaking views.
After all, being from South Florida we don’t get to truly experience a change in seasons. Plus, road tripping would allow us to truly enjoy the 2017 Kia Cadenza we were provided with upon our arrival.
Having the Kia Cadenza to use during our stay allowed us to explore so much more of Tennessee. We loved very moment of our time there.
We took a ride on over to Cades Cove and drove all the way through it. While we were there we saw bears, beautiful mountains and old school houses, a church and more.
We also took a drive up to Newfound Gap and enjoyed some amazing views as we made our way up and down the mountain. I couldn’t get enough of the views.
Once we arrived at Newfound Gap, we experienced being in 2 different states while right next to each other at the Tennessee/North Carolina State line.
Given how cold it was, I definitely put the seat warmers and the steering wheel warmer to use (the entire time!). Here are some of the other features we loved…
- 23 MPG (city & highway combined). With all the driving we did through the mountains and to and from Knoxville, we had more than enough gas during our visit.
- The space. My husband in 6’6 yet he fit comfortably in the front seat (although I still did all of the driving)and our luggage fit perfectly inside the trunk.
- Its auto rain sensing windshield wipers. Given how much it rained while we were there, this definitely came in handy.
- The panoramic sunroof because it allowed us a much better view of Tennesee’s beautiful scenery.
- The navigation system with 8″ touchscreen because I had no idea where I was going.
- The numerous safety features that made me feel better as I navigated driving through the mountains (which is something I am not used to) in the rain.
We had a wonderful time Road Tripping in the Kia Cadenza!
Given my love for Kia, I am so grateful for my partnership with them. Thank you Kia for allowing me to use the 2017 Kia Cadenza for our road tripping adventures in Knoxville and Gatlinburg. As always, all opinions are my own.