Note: This prize was provided by The Coca-Cola Company. The Coca-Cola Company is not a sponsor, administrator or connected in any other way.
With as many road trips that my family and I have taken, I know that the best way to keep us happy and on course to our destination (without a whole bunch of stops) is to pack snacks! Something as simple as packing the right snacks helps a road trip go so much smoother.
Check out these Road Trip Snacking Tips & Ideas
1. Grabbing a big bag of munchies from the rest stop can make for an easy car snack, but it can also cause portions and calories to pile up. Get around this common bump in the road by opting for pre-portioned snacks and beverages. Single-serving options will keep the car clean and your calories in check. Enjoy:
- 100-calorie snack bags of crackers or nuts
- nut-based energy or granola bars
- portion-controlled sizes of your favorite beverage
2. Fill your car cooler with homemade to-go munchies before you hit the road. It’s easier than you think! Try:
- trail mix filled with your favorite unsalted nuts & unsweetened dried fruit
- frozen fruit with a low-fat frozen yogurt tube
- a savory snack pack with reduced-fat cheese cubes, whole-grain crackers & fresh cut veggies
- nut butter “crackers” made with apple slices and cinnamon spice
Not only are these choices nutrient-rich, but their fiber and protein will also keep you feeling full until you reach your destination.
3. Make your backseat passengers feel special by packing individual kid-friendly cooler bags with your homemade munchies and their favorite backseat toys and games. They’ll love that they have something of their own for the getaway, and you’ll love knowing that they have portion-controlled snacks and activities to keep them satisfied!
* These tips are brought to you by RD Lindsey Joe
Do you have anymore Road Trip Snacking Tips or Ideas you’d like to add to the list?
Now on to the giveaway…How would you like to win an “On the Road” Prize Pack full of summer road trip essentials:
- $20 Visa gift card for gas
- Coca-Cola cooler tote
- Mini cans
- Headphones with Coca-Cola case
- Coca-Cola phone charger
- Hand sanitizer
- Portion-controlled snacks like trail mix
Enter for a chance to win below…
*Giveaway ends 7/28/15 at 11:59pm EST, open to US residents, ages 18+. Only one entrant per person. This giveaway is in no way associated with, sponsored, administered, or endorsed by Facebook, Twitter, Google, Pinterest or any other social media network. All opinions and experiences are that of TeachMe2Save. Winner is subject to eligibility verification. Enter using the giveaway form below. Please note that all terms and conditions of this giveaway can be found in the Giveaway Tools widget. By entering, you agree to terms above and within the form. If you do not respond within 24 hours, you forfeit your prize and a new winner will be chosen without notification. Please keep in mind that we have represented each sponsor with the expectation they will fulfill their prize and in a timely manner but we are not responsible for unfulfilled prizes.