Director Peyton Reed took the time out of his busy filming schedule to chat with us while we were on the Ant-Man And The Wasp set last year. That means we got the inside scoop on Marvel’s latest film (which I am very excited to see this weekend). The best part is that I can finally share it with you, after holding on to this info. for almost a year now.
Director Peyton Reed Shares 9 Ant-Man And The Wasp Fun Facts
- They wanted the movie “to be both bigger and get out in the world more, but also be even more intimate and, and delve into family stuff even more.”
- In this film, “we get to finally see Wasp in action, and also see them as a partnership.”
- He “really wanted to get out and feel San Francisco more in this movie, and put these two characters in the real world.”
- They “decided to call the movie Ant Man and Wasp because it’s very much about both of them. And it’s very important to represent both of their points of views equally in this movie. And that was really, really fun, because it’s part search and rescue movie.”
- “…it is still all about parents and their children. That thematic even informs our villain and our antagonist in the movie.”
- “…the villain in the movie is certainly based on a villain in the Marvel comics, Ghost.”
- Although Ghost was originally “an Iron Man villain, and was a man.” He “…very much wanted a female antagonist in this movie.
- Ghost “has a very strong point of view. And I think the audience is really gonna relate to her as well.”
- They “…thought it would be fun to not only play with scale and size with our lead characters, but also with some of the environments so the audience is constantly sort of guessing where they are and what’s happening. What size they are….”
One of the highlights of our Ant-Man And The Wasp set visit was being able to chat with some of its cast. We were able to interview Paul Rudd (“Scott Lang / Ant-Man”), Evangeline Lilly (“Hope van Dyne / The Wasp”) and Abby Ryder Fortson (“Cassie Lang”). So, be sure to check back every day this week for all of those interviews. Did you check out my Exclusive Ant-Man And The Wasp Set Visit Recap?
Join the conversation…
- Like Ant-Man And The Wasp on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/marvelstudios
- Follow Ant-Man And The Wasp on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AntMan
- Follow Marvel Studios on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/marvelstudios/
Ant-Man And The Wasp flies into theaters everywhere on July 6th!