These online shopping safety tips are brought to you by Kaspersky Lab and The Motherhood. All opinions on this blog are my own.
Holiday shopping, involving trips to various stores, can be stressful, which is why people choose to do online shopping. You can get everyone on your list the gift they’ll love without all the hassle of crowded stores, full parking lots and time consuming wandering around the stores. If online shopping is your thing, you need to be careful and take certain measures to protect yourself. Here are some online shopping safety tips for you to utilize this holiday season (or anytime you do online shopping).
5 Online Shopping Safety Tips
- Don’t open attachments from shopping sites you don’t know or trust.
- Don’t click on phishing links sent to you through text or SMS apps.
- Check out reviews of online shopping sites before you enter your credit card information.
- Avoid shopping on public Wi-Fi and decrypt your private data with a VPN to keep it safe.
- When you’re buying gifts online make sure you switch to Cellular before you purchase anything.
Want more tips? Check out the Infographic below…
Protect your online shopping, connected devices and curious kids this holiday season with Kaspersky Lab—the world’s most awarded internet security. With Kaspersky Total Security you can:
- Secure computers, smartphones and tablets with multi-device protection
- Shop and bank safely with award-winning Safe Money technology
- Protect, monitor and set limits for your kids online with Safe Kids technology
- Stop webcam hackers from spying into your home
- Confirm the security of your Wi-Fi connection
- Easily create, sync and manage your passwords
- Backup valuable data for free online—including photos and videos
This holiday season, take advantage of up to 50% off all of their Core Products Including Kaspersky Antivirus, Kaspersky Internet Security, Kaspersky Total Security (best protection for families)…They’ve got a gift for keeping families safe. This incredible 50% off savings is available until January 10, 2017. Click here to take advantage of this offer before it expires.