Ever have one of those days where you feel everything is going wrong? Well if you happen to catch an episode of Milo Murphy’s Law you may reconsider your definition of a bad day. Not only is the show entertaining, it is also a reminder that everyone has bad days and that having a positive attitude makes a real difference.
While in LA, we got the opportunity to watch an episode of Milo Murphy’s Law and then chat with its Executive Producers Dan Povenmire & Jeff “Swampy” Marsh.
Milo Murphy’s Law Fun Facts
- Milo’s character is sort of modeled after a friend of Dan & Jeff’s who just sounds positive when he talks.
- After having done hundreds of auditions, they heard Weird Al Yankovic and had him come in to audition. It was perfect and so now he does the voice of Milo in Milo Murphy’s Law. He also gets to sing songs on the show.
- Dan Povenmire & Jeff “Swampy” Marsh are not only the executive producers, they also voice Dakota and Cavendish, the time travelers, in the show.
*Fun Fact: Dan voiced Doofenshmirtz and Jeff voiced Monogram on Phineus & Ferb.
- What they want kids to learn from the show: “And I think that’s part of what we were trying to do with Milo is that, things are going to go wrong for everybody…if things go wrong in your life, don’t let it ruin your day, much less your life. Find the positive spin on it.
- When it comes to the content, Dan said “Our only rule is, if the adult in the room laughs, and the kid asks what they’re laughing about, that conversation can’t be an uncomfortable conversation.”
- Jeff’s grandchildren show up as little characters in the show.
- Dan has 2 girls, 1 whose name is Isabella (and inspired the name Isabella in Phineus & Ferb), and the other whose name is Melissa who inspired a characters name in this show.
“Milo Murphy’s Law” is an animated adventure comedy series that follows 13-year-old Milo Murphy, the fictional great-great-great-great grandson of the Murphy’s Law namesake. Milo is the personification of Murphy’s Law, where anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.
New episodes of “Milo Murphy’s Law” will be airing throughout the month of March on Disney XD. A selection of the new episodes airing in March will also be available on VOD and the Disney XD app starting 3/6.