Meet Adrian Martinez, who plays the dog catcher, and Thomas Mann, who plays Jim Dear, in Lady and The Tramp. Besides both being in this film, they have a few things in common. Adrian and Thomas were both so nice, they are both definitely excited to be a part of this project and they both loved Rose and Monty, the dogs who play Lady and the Tramp.
Fun Fact: There are 3 Tramps and 3 Lady’s they use to film the movie. One does stunts, one does sprints but Monty and Rose are the stars
Meet Adrian Martinez
- He had to send in a self tape for his audition and though he no longer sends in self tapes, that changed immediately when he heard it was for Disney.
- This is the first time he has worked with animals on a film.
- While most of his projects include improvisation, he said he didn’t have to do that much with this script.
Meet Thomas Mann
- Thomas was really excited about working with Kiersey Clemons (Darling).
- He watched Lady and the Tramp growing up but it had been a while since he had watched it, until recently.
- He feels this movie won’t just be for kids to enjoy.
Want to know more about about our time on set? Check out these Lady and the Tramp Fun Facts we learned from the production designer, John Myhre. You can also get to know more about Yvette Nicole Brown, Aunt Sarah in the film. You can also meet Lady and The Tramp and their trainer Mark Forbes.
More about Lady and the Tramp
It’s a timeless re-telling of the 1955 animated classic, a pampered house dog and a tough but lovable stray embark on an unexpected adventure and, despite their differences, grow closer and come to understand the value of home. Life is good for Lady, an overachieving American Cocker Spaniel who resides in an upscale suburban neighborhood. Her owners, Jim Dear and Darling, spoil her daily and her neighbors, Jock, an outspoken Scottish Terrier and Trusty, a world-weary Bloodhound, are always within barking distance.
But when a baby enters the picture, Lady is no longer the center of attention, and the arrival of cat-loving Aunt Sarah only complicates matters. Lady soon finds herself alone on the streets in an unwelcoming part of town. Fortunately, Tramp steps in, and the streetwise mongrel is quick to teach her the ways of the world.
Before long, the prim and proper pure bred and the fast-talking mutt are partaking in moonlight strolls in the park and romantic spaghetti dinners by candlelight. Tramp savors the independence of a world without leashes or fences alongside his roguish friends Peg and Bull, but Lady misses the comfort and safety of a family, and soon both must decide where – and with whom – they belong.
Lady and the Tramp is available for streaming on Disney+ November 12th!
Join the conversation…
- Like Lady and the Tramp on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DisneyLadyandtheTramp/
- Like Disney+ on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DisneyPlus/
- Follow Disney+ on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/disneyplus/
- Follow Disney+ on Twitter: https://twitter.com/disneyplus