Have you been tuning in to Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger? If you haven’t been you are missing out but not to fear, you can always catch up. I have been tuning in with my husband so getting the chance to chat with Andrea Roth (“Melissa Bowen”), Miles Mussenden (“Michael Johnson”) and Executive Producer Joe Pokaski was a real treat.
Here are 12 things to know about Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger
- Episode 8 is important, it’s almost like a part 2 of their pilot.
- There will be a little redemption but there’s a bit more of a climb in future seasons
- They chose New Orleans, because they wanted a different look. They joke that New York is already protected because of all its super heroes.
- The music selection lifts up the footage and the beauty is never sticking to a genre.
- This script was actually written 5 years ago for ABC Family but nothing happened until the change to Freeform happened and then they contacted him.
- Pay attention to details in each episode, they are connected to future episodes.
- There are 10 episodes on Cloak and Dagger’s first season.
- 1000 people read for each role. The weekend before they were going to start, Olivia and Aubrey auditioned separately and then did the cemetary scene together as an improv and the producers and executives knew they were right for the parts.
- There is an unresolved issue between as Tyrone Johnson (Cloak) and his parents that will be addressed in future episode. The family has been traumatized.
- The writer’s room is balanced when it comes to gender and ethnicity which allows them to tackle various issues with different perspective in a respectful way.
- Although the show is about Cloak and Dagger (the characters), they want to tell everyone’s story with the cast they have chosen. *The mother’s arc is secretly heroic.
- Right now they are focused on characters more than they are the costumes but we did see a bit of 1 in episode 4.
Tune in tonight for episode 5 (the one we got to watch while we were there)…Don’t miss Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger Thursdays at 8/7c on Freeform.
More about Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger
“Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger” is the story of Tandy Bowen (Olivia Holt) and Tyrone Johnson (Aubrey Joseph) – two teenagers from very different backgrounds, who find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers which are mysteriously linked to one another. Tandy can emit light daggers and Tyrone has the ability to engulf others in darkness. They quickly learn they are better together than apart, but their feelings for each other make their already complicated world even more challenging. “Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger” stars Olivia Holt, Aubrey Joseph, Andrea Roth, Gloria Reuben, Miles Mussenden, Carl Lundstedt, Emma Lahana, Jaime Zevallos, and J.D. Evermore.