Manatee season is in full swing, especially at Manatee Lagoon!
If you don’t already know, Manatee Lagoon – An FPL Eco-Discovery Center, offers a dedicated area for viewing manatees up close BUT it is also a community center that offers family programming and events all year round. Here are 5 other things you should know about Manatee Lagoon:
- Manatee Lagoon is FREE to visit and they also offer many free events, like art classes for kids, yoga classes for adults, and aquatic themed story time for the young ones!
- You can see the manatees interact in their watery habitat from the observation deck.
Tip: You are more likely to see manatee when the water temperatures drop (especially after a few days in a row of cold weather) because they will probably be found in the warm water outflows near Manatee Lagoon.
- The Eco-Discovery Center features engaging, hands-on exhibits for visitors to learn all about manatees as well as the natural wonders of the surrounding Lake Worth Lagoon.
Fun Fact: Did you know that Manatees migrate as the winter months arrive
- They have a Manatee Cam you can access on their website so that you can watch the manatees whenever and wherever.
- New and improved landscaping, that includes picnic areas and pretty walkways along the waterfront, are coming soon.
Thankfully, my family and I have already been able to experience it (more on that in an upcoming post, so check back for that)…have you ever been?
To plan your visit to Manatee Lagoon this manatee season and to view the center’s full calendar of events, visit www.VisitManateeLagoon.com. Will you be making a trip to Manatee Lagoon this Manatee season? We will be! If you are planning to go, how would you like to enter for a chance to win a $25 Manatee Lagooon Gift Shop Gift Card. Enter for your chance to win below…
This is a sponsored post in partnership with Manatee Lagoon. However, all opinions are my own.