Getting to see Kurt Russell on the set of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, for his role as “Ego The Living Planet” (Peter Quill’s Father) was pretty awesome. After all, he is Kurt Russell. While I have no photo of what he looked like on set, because he had dots on his face for a scene he was filming in front of a warehouse room lined with blue screened walls, rest assured that he is just as handsome in person as he is on screen.
Kurt Russell Shares 5 Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Fun Facts
- A lot of of Peter Quill’s past will be explored in this movie. “You’ll learn a lot about where he comes from and why he is what he is…he’s coming from a position of having wondered about who his father was all his whole life and it’s me.”
- How he became involved in this project was unique. He was being asked by the press about doing this role before being involved. “I was doing a publicity trip for Hateful Eight and suddenly one day all the reporters and whoever else I ran into, everybody was saying so are you gonna do Guardians of the Galaxy? I’d never heard of Guardians of the Galaxy. Are you gonna be Peter Quill’s father?…Sam (Samuel L Jackson) who’s done Fury, he said ‘oh, that’s a little different stuff. He said this is big audiences.’ I said is it fun? He said ‘oh, yeah, it’s fun’ and I started learning about it from people…I never had been involved being asked about a character before I’d done it…I suddenly realized that this movie must have been very popular and for some reason the audience cared about who his father was gonna be. So I said well, ‘gee I don’t know I’ll see what it’s like’…So I said well I’ll read the script and I said well I need to see the movie and I watched it for about eight or nine minutes. I was watching it with Goldie.”
- Kurt did not have to audition for the role. “I guess you would say 55 years’ worth. I don’t know…a director is gonna look at you to see something that they think is right for you in their movie and play the part that they want you to play. No, I don’t go in anymore…They know who I am.
- Music is a big part of this film as well. “There’s a strong connection to music, particular songs. It’s a big part of this world and he continues that theme very, very strongly.”
- He loved working on this film. “it’s turned out to be a blast, yeah, really fun. Chris is great and the whole cast is great and James is really — it’s fun to always work with someone who really knows what they wanna do and what they wanna show and pull off and try to create.”
Want more Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 deets?
- What it was like to be on the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Set
- Chris Pratt (“Peter Quill”)
- Zoe Saldana (“Gamora”)
- Dave Bautista (“Drax)
- Michael Rooker (“Yondu”)
- Karen Gillan (“Nebula”)
- Director James Gunn
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 hits theaters May 5th! Advance tickets are now on sale!!!
**I was invited by Disney/Marvel to attend this top secret Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Set press trip to share my experience with my readers. However, All opinions are my own.