I love ice cream (I mean, who doesn’t?) but when it comes to eating it, I like it just the way it is. No need for special toppings or sauces. On the other hand, my husband and my kiddos are big fans of ice cream topped with Hot Fudge Sauce. Actually, if you asked my husband he’d say that on top wasn’t enough. He’d put it on the bottom of the ice cream and maybe even between scoops…You get the point. Instead of buying Hot Fudge (already pre-made), what if you made your own? It is possible and is actually quite easy to do!
Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe
- 3/4 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Melt chocolate by heating in microwave for 30 seconds then stirring and repeating until chocolate is melted.
- Transfer to a sauce pan over low heat and add butter, salt and sugar.
- Add cream in small amount until desired consistency is reached.
- Stir frequently until heated, but not boiling.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
There you go! Easy Hot Fudge Sauce ready to be enjoyed.
What different foods do you like to put Hot Fudge on?
Give this Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe a try and let me know how it turns out for you.