With all of the excitement of my upcoming trip to the red carpet premiere of “Oz The Great and Powerful” , I decided to do some research for Fun Facts about the film and I wanted to share them with you because after all “Sharing is Caring”!
- Oz The Great and Powerful is a cinematic prequel to author L. Frank Baum’s books
- James Franco learned magic tricks from Las Vegas magician Lance Burton for his role as Oz, a small-time circus magician.
- The movie was filmed in Pontiac, Michigan
- There are over 3,000 props used in “Oz The Great and Powerful”
- Costume designer Gary Jones and his team clothed over 1500 actors…James Franco only has one costume in the whole movie.
- There are over 3,000 props used in Oz The Great and Powerful, with 1400 of them manufactured specifically for the film.
- Special makeup artist Howard Berger estimates that he and his staff applied over 2,500 character makeups.
- The fauna-rich Whimsie Woods set was so lifelike that it created its own mini-ecosystem
- The Land of Oz Munchkins were composed of three-dozen little people with an average 3’6” height while the four-dozen Winkies, the spear-toting palace guards, were all 6’6” or taller.
I can’t wait to see the film in Feb…but don’t worry, you’ll be able to see it when i comes out in theaters on 3/8.
Make sure your following Disney Oz Movie on Twitter and “Like” the Oz the Great & Powerful Fan Page.