This is part of a sponsored campaign with DiMe Media and Coca-Cola. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
In an effort to help Hispanic families achieve their college dreams and aspirations, Coca-Cola is proud to continue their 35-year partnership with the Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF), the nation’s largest not-for-profit organization supporting Hispanic American higher education through the #ForTheDream National Scholarship Program.
Although college enrollment has increased tremendously during the past two decades, the Hispanic population lags behind other groups when it comes to degrees actually being earned. Unfortunately, this might be because of the financial pressure some students have in order to support their families before graduation. As part of its commitment to the Hispanic community, Coca-Cola HSF #ForTheDream National Scholarship Program aims to empower Hispanic families to put their teens in the fast track to higher education.
Coca-Cola’s #ForTheDream program empowers Hispanic families to prepare, plan and pay for their teen’s college education, and inspires Hispanic students to pursue their higher education dreams and become future leaders. That is why they are donating $150,000 to the HSF to be awarded in college scholarships to qualifying students. If you have a teen entering college this Fall, you should encourage them to apply!
#ForTheDream National Scholarship Program Tips
- Applications are being accepted on the site until March 30, 2016, so mark this deadline in your calendar and make sure your application is submitted before then.
- Allow enough time…don’t wait until the last minute!
- Your personal essay is a critical part of the scholarship application so take your time and make sure that you focus on length, content, use of examples, correct grammar, spelling and punctuation because that is what your responses will be evaluated on.
- Once you click on the Legal Agreement within your the application, you will not be able to make any further revisions to your essays.
- The application will allow you to save your work and return to it until you submit. Make sure you review ALL the information in your application carefully and remember to have someone else proofread it.
- Keep track of your supporting documents and application status by logging into your online account.
- Make sure that Scholarshipdept@hsf.net is saved in your email contact list so that you don’t miss any emails concerning your application. * All applicants who complete the application process will receive notification, via email, once the selection process has been completed. HSF funds may continue to be available for a period of time after the initial notification, so keep checking your email regularly in case you are selected at a later date.
Ready to get the application started or do you need additional information? Be sure to check out coke.com/forthedream
***Check out the Infographic below as well.