While visiting the Ant-Man set in Atlanta, not only did I chat with Paul Rudd (Scott Lang, a.k.a. Ant-Man) and Peyton Reed, I was also able to interview Judy Greer, who plays Maggie, Scott’s ex-wife.
But, before I share more about my interview with Judy Greer… (consider this a brief cliff hanger, LOL)
Remember how I mentioned previously that my trip to Atlanta was top secret? It’s because when it comes to Marvel films, security is no joke. That explains why they referred to Ant-Man’s set by a code name and why the only way to get inside the studio is to go through a security gate. Your name has to be on the list AND you are issued a name tag that changes to pink once it expires.
How do I know? Well, we actually stopped by the studio that housed the Pym Tech Lab (picture of me in the lab below) and visited with the costume designers (which I will be sharing the details from on Friday, so be sure to check back then) before heading to the house they were filming the birthday party at.
Ok, Ok! You’ve been patient long enough…back to my interview with Judy Greer…
Sitting in the cold and having worked a lot of hours, she happily sat down with us for an interview. I loved that what you see in her as a actress is what you get in person. She is naturally funny and very talented.
Here are some fun facts I learned from Judy Greer during our chat:
- She auditioned for the role but did get the part within less than 24 hours, which for a movie audition is very rare. *It was her first audition in a really long time ’cause she’d been working a lot.
- Judy knew what role she was auditioning for but she wasn’t allowed to read the script.
- She wanted to audition for the role because she really loves Peyton Reed because he is really funny.
- While she is not a big comic book person, she loves the idea of them.
- Sees similarities with her character because it’s just easier if she plays a version of herself.
- Finds filming really fun because of the combination of Peyton Reed, Paul Rudd and Bobby Cannavale to be awesome. They’re really funny!
- Feels that comedy within a super hero movie is key to keeping people entertained, especially when a movie is watched repeatedly.
- She did research her role with information that was provided to her but no “training” was needed.
*Have you checked out my exclusive Ant-Man Set Visit Interviews with Paul Rudd & Peyton Reed?
Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, master thief Scott Lang must embrace his inner hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.
Ant-Man will be in theaters on July 17th!
Stay social with Ant-Man:
- Like ANT-MAN on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/antman
- Follow ANT-MAN on Twitter: https://twitter.com/antman
- Visit the official ANT-MAN site: http://marvel.com/antman