Please tell me that this past weekend you went out and saw Doctor Strange. If you didn’t I encourage you to go and see it this weekend. For the past 2 weeks I have been posting various Doctor Strange cast interviews and I have one final one to share with you…Benedict Wong who plays “Wong”.
Benedict Wong is such a sweet guy. You can tell that he loved being a part of this film and getting to work with the other members of the cast.
Here’s what Benedict Wong had to say….
- When he found out Chiwetel was doing Doctor Strange, he went and looked it up. He noticed Wong’s character and felt it was his birthright to play this character (because of the shared last name).
- He was auditioning for his role in Budapest and sending tapes while in Slovakia, and then he found out he got the part while in Malaysia.
- Wong was on set and dressed as Kubla Khan when he found out he got the role…he was really excited but couldn’t tell anyone.
- Wong characterized himself as a serious goofball.
- Never having attended Drama school, he sort of always doing little funny voice warm up exercises where’s he’s bending over and letting his tongue hang out and recites Mary Has A Little Lamb.
- He use to collect a lot of Marvel Comics, especially Spider Man.
- If Benedict had a super power to give to the world, it would be the power of understanding…unifying that we’re all one.
More about Doctor Strange
From Marvel Studios comes “Doctor Strange,” the story of world-famous neurosurgeon Dr. Stephen Strange whose life changes forever after a horrific car accident robs him of the use of his hands. When traditional medicine fails him, he is forced to look for healing, and hope, in an unlikely place—a mysterious enclave known as Kamar-Taj. He quickly learns that this is not just a center for healing but also the front line of a battle against unseen dark forces bent on destroying our reality. Before long Strange—armed with newly acquired magical powers—is forced to choose whether to return to his life of fortune and status or leave it all behind to defend the world as the most powerful sorcerer in existence.
Already in theaters!
*I was invited by Disney and Marvel to attend a press junket covering Doctor Strange. All opinions are my own.