Valentine’s Day will be here soon and if your child attends school or day care, they will probably be receiving Valentine’s Day cards & treats from their friends. That being said, you may want to make them a Valentine Card Box.
Not only is it cute, but it will also keep all of their Valentine’s Day Goodies in one spot instead of all over your home.
Thankfully, this DIY Valentine Card Box is super simple to create utilizing supplies that you may already have laying around your home. Which means that’s it’s pretty inexpensive to make.
- Tissue Box (actually any box will work but given that the Tissue Box already has a hole on top, it is the easiest to use for this project)
- Construction Paper (decorative paper works as well)
- Markers, Stickers, Glitter, etc.
- Remove the plastic from around the center of the tissue box.
- Choose what color construction paper you’d like to use and then wrap the box by cutting the paper to size and using the glue to adhere it.
Note: I didn’t do the entire bottom of the box, but just make sure you have enough paper on the sides so that it folds over onto the bottom.
- Cut out a hole in the center of the construction paper (using the existing hole as a guide) so that the kiddos are able to put their valentine’s day goodies inside.
- Decorate! This is the fun part because they (or you) can be as creative as you want.
Suggestion: Be sure to place their name somewhere on the box so that their classmates know who the box belongs too.
You can also decorate your DIY Valentine’s Card Box using wrapping paper. Simply wrap the box just as you would a present.
Have you ever made a DIY Valentine’s Card box before? What did you use? I’d love to hear about it.