In honor of Disney’s latest Pirates of the Caribbean films (Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales), we made it a point to visit Disneyland Pirates of the Caribbean Ride while in LA for the press event. This was after visiting the Disney Archives to find out a few fun facts about the ride. Of course I had to share them with you…because sharing is caring. Enjoy!
Disneyland Pirates of the Caribbean Ride FUN Facts
- This ride was originally meant to be a wax museum filled with wax pirate figures.
- Because of the change in plans from wax museum and the need for more space, they built the ride underground because the space they had created was too small now. The ride actually extends underground past the railroad system.
- They came up with the idea of using boats to help move people through faster.
- The Disneyland Pirates Of The Caribbean Ride version was the last attraction that Walt Disney himself participated in designing.
- The ride opened on March 18, 1967 (just three months after Walt Disney’s death).
- The ride in Disneyland is longer than the one in Disney World. The beginning of the ride at Disneyland is longer.
- It is rumored that they initially used real skeleton bones instead of prop ones throughout the ride.
Do you know of any more Pirates of the Caribbean Ride Fun Facts? I’d love to hear them.
Did you know that Disney California Adventure Park has launched it’s Summer of Heroes through September 10th?
Now we can see heroes from the “Guardians of the Galaxy” film, some appearing for the first time in a Disney park.
- “Avengers Training Initiative”: Black Widow and Hawkeye assemble young recruits for a series of tests to see if they have what it takes to join the ranks of the Avengers.
- Heroic Encounter: Black Widow: Black Widow arrives on the scene several times throughout the day in an armored Avengers vehicle for her heroic encounter with park guests.
- Grab a Piece (or Bite) of the Action: Special themed merchandise, plus food and beverage items, will be available throughout Hollywood Land.
Plus we can now check out Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
The Summer of Heroes will have California Adventure rocking with, Super Hero Encounters, “Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off”, “Avengers Training Initiative”, “Disney Junior Dance Party!” and much much more! For more info. click here.
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales is now playing in theaters everywhere!
Johnny Depp returns to the big screen as the iconic, swashbuckling anti-hero Jack Sparrow in the all-new “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.” The rip-roaring adventure finds down-on-his-luck Captain Jack feeling the winds of ill-fortune blowing strongly his way when deadly ghost sailors, led by the terrifying Captain Salazar (Javier Bardem), escape from the Devil’s Triangle bent on killing every pirate at sea—notably Jack. Jack’s only hope of survival lies in the legendary Trident of Poseidon, but to find it he must forge an uneasy alliance with Carina Smyth (Kaya Scodelario), a brilliant and beautiful astronomer, and Henry (Brenton Thwaites), a headstrong young sailor in the Royal Navy. At the helm of the Dying Gull, his pitifully small and shabby ship, Captain Jack seeks not only to reverse his recent spate of ill fortune, but to save his very life from the most formidable and malicious foe he has ever faced.
* I was invited by Disney to the #PiratesLifeEvent to share my experience with my followers. However, All opinions are my own.