I love most food prepared with potatoes: French Fries, Mashed Potatoes, Scalloped Potatoes, Potato Salad…the list goes on and on. One of the dishes my family (except for my son) loves for me to make are my creamy mashed potatoes (especially on Thanksgiving). While the are delicious if I do say so myself (and I do), I try to be mindful of those in my family that are lactose intolerant (you know who you are). So I decided to give the Creamy Mashed Potatoes a try with LACTAID Milk and they tasted delicious!!!! Now that they have passed the taste test, I am ready to share it with the world.
Creamy Mashed Potatoes Recipe (Lactose Free)
- 8 Red Potatoes
- 1/4 cup I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup milk or LACTAID® Milk
- salt (to taste)
- Bring a large pot of water and a dash of salt to boil
- Peel and cut the potatoes into pieces that are about the same size and put it in the water.
- Cook potatoes for about 20 – 25 minutes (or until cooked, you should be able to easily put a fork through it. Be careful not to over cook them so that they don’t easily fall apart).
- Drain the potatoes and place in a large enough bowl.
- Begin adding the ingredients (butter, mayonnaise, milk and salt)
- Mix the potatoes with an electric mixer until they are creamy.
**You can always add toppings to your Creamy Mashed Potatoes like Bacon, Parsley, Cheese.
For dinner I also made steak and corn. Being that I prepare my corn with milk, sugar and butter I substituted milk for the LACTAID® Milk.
Dinner was delicious!!!! I won’t say how much of the Creamy Mashed Potatoes I ate since I am trying to eat less.
Want to see more recipes using LACTAID®? Check out this video of Lactaid’s spokesperson, Melissa d’Arabian, who was recently on The TODAY Show sharing a lactose free recipe for Chicken with Lactose-free creamy mushroom sauce. You can also check out the Lactaid website for more recipes!
Do you want to know more about lactose intolerance? click HERE.
Disclosure: This post has been brought to you by The Motherhood and LACTAID®. I have been compensated for my time, however all thoughts and opinions are my own.